Saturday, 18 May 2013

Enjoy

Annes word this week is Enjoy.

Anne is using the words SILVER LINING  This month we have reached the letter E and Anne has chosen the word enjoy.

I think this is a lovely word it makes me think of family, friends, holidays and outings and sometimes buying something I have wanted for a while.

This week I have had a really enjoyable week.

Monday: It was a committee meeting so I met people I really enjoy being with.
In the evening I went to a meeting about saving our local mill building. It is the only mill left in the area and is a landmark. The local council have given a building firm permission to knock it down and build houses on the site. A few of us have got together to suggest other uses for the mill but I don't think we will be able to save it.

Tuesday: I went to see Janet at her workshop to see if she had some wadding so I can make a seat cover for our car booster seat. The original has disintegrated. Janet didn't have any so I drove down to Abercan to get some and had a really good look at the fabrics there.

Wednesday: Hair day and a good natter with Jacquie and another client. I also did a bit of work in the garden and enjoyed the flowers that are blooming now.

Thursday: We went down to see Jayne and family and talk to Daniel as he had put up a fence and was starting driving lessons. Little Amber was asleep when we arrived but soon woke up and chattered away. She is getting really good at talking now. She and Leo had their assessments with the district nurse on Tuesday and the district nurse said that she was very intelligent and very stubborn, which we knew already. Little Leo is well on target and we knew that as well. He can stand up on his own now and just needs some courage to walk. On the way home we popped in to see Nikki and Sian so that was a good family day.

Friday: I went on the bus to see my friend in Blackburn. We decided to go out for the day and went to Oswaldtwhistle mill and old calico mill that has been converted to a shopping emporium. While we  were there we I saw a sewing machine I wanted to look at further.

Saturday: It was a coffee morning for ME Awareness week where I met many old friends and some new ones.
Then Roland took me back to Oswaldwhistle  Mill and we had a demonstration of the machine ( it is a computer machine)I liked. We decided to buy it and it will be delivered on Tuesday. I am quite excited about being able to use it.

So far it has been an enjoyable week.

My new sewing machine to be.
 
The lovely fence Dan has built.
 
Some of the flowers in my garden






6 comments:

  1. What a lovely week Vivien ! I had to smile at Amber's assessment : very intelligent and very stubborn. It's basically what they had told my parents about me. I don't know if the intelligence left me by now, but the stubbornness is definitely still here ! Your sewing machine looks great. I guess you will be able to do miracles with that. beautiful flowers in your garden. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lovely week. Hope you manage to save the mill, the village where Daniel and evie go to school has a mill which has been converted and is lived in. Enjoy using your sewing machine, it looks like fun Good news re leo and amber too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Viv well were did those 2 weeks go, you and Roland to Portugal, lovely photos and glad it was a relaxing time.

    Caught up with this week enjoy. What is your new machine? sounds very technical :)

    need to read back about Amber scan read and missed it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time in Portugal and it really wasn't long enough.
      Hope you had a great time looking forward to seeing your photos. I'll ring you soon.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you had a busy week! Sounds like it was a lot of fun though. I love the flowers. They are so beautiful! Your new soon-to-be sewing machine looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this post. I have carefully read and watched. I forgot to leave a comment - and I should have just wrote that -
    You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete