I'm sorry Kathi and Lynn I missed your weeks as I can imagine how hard it is to create your challenge. I will be catching up with those tomorrow.
Quite a lot has happened since I last blogged. As well as the days spent with the ME group I have spent the Bank Holiday weekend with friends up in Gretna and been to have my final (thank goodness) gastroscopy. As well as that the weather is now warm enough to enjoy being the garden.
The weekend away was lovely. I travelled up to Carlisle on the train on Friday (leaving Roland at home) and was met there by my friend Jen and hubby Dougy.
The next day we travelled, again on the train, to Newcastle to go to the Theatre to see "Woman in Black". We had lunch in a café near the theatre but when we left the café we were sent back inside by the police as there was a demo. The processions were diverted down a side street along the side of the café and some members were banging on the windows so hard we thought they might break them. It was frightening. We were also anxious about not getting to the theatre on time but fortunately we made it. We found that this was a ghost story so it was a very interesting day out.
I stayed with Jen until Monday as the trains were disrupted on the Sunday for repairs on the line.
On Wednesday that week I went for ANOTHER gastroscopy fortunately this time the doctor removed the last large stone. He couldn't assure me this would not happen again.
That day I missed a craft day run by my friend Marion from NI but she did come down to see me that evening and we had a really good catch up.
We are also having our conservatory made into an extension of our living room so we have had builders and an architect visiting us. We live in a timber framed house which was built in the 1960s so we have decided to have the cladding removed and have some new insulation put in the walls. The plastic cladding will then be replaced with bricks. We hope it will be started mid July.
Our meal after the theatre
A snapshot of our garden this week
and look at my carrots.

How lovely to go to the Theater. Demos are no fun, I agree with you. Your garden looks lovely !xxx
ReplyDeleteYou had many different experiences. One has to go to the theater - to fall into fantasy world to be able to survive in this cruel world!
ReplyDeleteI am very glad that you are writing again. I really like your photos.
Congratulations!
Your week was really lovely (except for the demonstrations of course)and I am happy that I can read your post again. I wish you the best of luck with your health. Enjoy your lovely garden, too!
ReplyDeleteThat does sound frightening. I'm glad you were ok.
ReplyDeleteThe theatre sounds lovely, despite my best intentions I haven't been since Christmas. Thanks so much for joining in, despite my best intentions I have been a poor challenge buddy :(
I hope you feel well xxx
Glad you are OK and fingers crossed no more stones eh!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you back in blog land, I had to catch up today too!!