Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Wednesday

Busy day today. This morning I had my hair cut then went to the craft group this afternoon.

We had a demonstration of rag rug making
then had a go ourselves.
We were shown how to cut strips out of old clothes for the rags.
Unfortunately I have just given 2 bags of clothes to the Charity shop so I'll have to save some more.
 
This is my effort

I think I need a lot of practice


I took some photos of our mill going down. It is so sad
 

 
This evening I went with Helen to the AGM of the Preston Community Network.
A 5 minute business meeting then lots of natter, tea and goodies.
Another busy day - roll on the holidays.
 

4 comments:

  1. I never heard about rag rug making. Seems to be fun. I agree for the Mill, pity. It's always sad when some building like this goes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on learning something new xxx
    Sad to see these buildings going :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to see such lovely buildings and history being lost. My friend Yvonne did a rag rug the other month, amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect of rag rugs :)

    So sad to see the buildings come down.

    ReplyDelete