I was very fortunate as a child as my parents took us on holiday every year.
When we were very young we went to Mablethorpe and Trusthorpe on the east coast in Lincolnshire. It wasn't very far away from where we lived in Derbyshire. We went with Nana and Granddad, Auntie Eileen and Uncle Stan and I suspect Grandad paid for the holidays as I don't think dad earned much in those days.
Mary and myself
I'm the older one
Marion with Auntie Eileen and Uncle Stan
It was very sad because they never had children of their own.
Marion with one of dads famous sand castles
Mum Dad Marion Mary and myself
Mary and I are in coats Nana bought us
She bought us new ones for Easter.
Mum with her 3 girls
Mary and I in a park.
unfortunately I've no idea where it is.
Later, when we went up to Carlisle to a better job for my dad and as nana and granddad got older we went on holiday just with mum and dad.
As dad worked in Horticulture the summer was extremely busy for him so our holidays were always at Whit week. We went away without fail and usually to the South coast.
The weather always seemed to be good then.
We went to Folkstone, where mum came from.
I remember travelling on the Romney, Hythe and Dimchurch railway
And this one was at a caravan somewhere near Chichester









Such beautiful pictures Viv, what a nice childhood you had ! xxx
ReplyDeletelovely pictures viv......wish I could find the ones from my younger days !
ReplyDeletethank you for dropping by my bloggy - we just got back from North Devon was in Bideford yesterday - love all the places surrounding there - we stayed in Tiverton and travelled to Ilfracombe and woollacombe and bideford and Instow and Barnstaple and Taunton and Babbacombe and Lynton/lynmouth - etc etc - 900 miles in 6 days ! but it was nice. Enjoy your holiday too.
It looks like you had a good time. We are looking forward to next week.
ReplyDelete