Sunday, 1 June 2014

Fabrics

A great deal has happened since I last blogged.
On Tuesday we set off for France. We stayed in Ashford in Kent for 2 nights so we could see Lynn and Peter.
It was lovely to see them. We weren't with them very long but I think we talked all the time we were together. We had a meal in a café that did gluten free food then had a good look round
I managed to take some photos for the challenge while we were there.
 
Cottons
Laura Ashley shop window
 
Cushions and Curtains
In a charity shop
The Travel Lodge room.
Luxury
I don't wear anything like this any more but I can still admire them
 A feather boa
also found in a charity shop

Floral
This is a skirt I bought last year and have never worn - not sure if I ever will.

Wednesday we travelled under the Channel - something we had never done before.
We drove through France to Orleans and stayed in an Ibis overnight
We thought the roads were very quiet and later discovered it was a French Bank holiday.
We travelled down to Shaun and Fionas on Friday, the roads were still quiet but there were one or two lorries around.
Yesterday ( and today)Roland helped Shaun out and I pruned a Rambling Rose.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures Viv. Laura Ashley items are always so pretty but quite expensive in the States. Won't find anything like that here. I too used to always wear bras and panties that were fancy and matched. Now u wear whatever is most comfortable. LOL! I hope you enjoyed your trip. How nice you were able to visit With Lynne and Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely see you both and glad you have arrived safely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pleasant surprise, dear Viv!
    What a great meeting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete