We were going past Preston North End Football Ground today and I thought of how it would fit in to todays prompt so we went back so I could take some photos
Tom Finney is our local hero. He is a Prestonian and only ever played football for Preston North End and for England in the 50's. This statue of him is out side the front of the Stadium and was erected when the Stadium was renovated a few years ago.
Tom Finney only died last year and the the whole city mourned for him
The side of the football stadium as I couldn't get far enough away to take a photo of the back
All the buildings under the stands are used by businesses, ,this is a gym club, there is even a restaurant. The whole of the back of the stadium is used by the NHS to treat people with long term illnesses
These are great I haven't worked this one out yet!! x
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos Viv. Interesting story behind it all as well.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for this virtual tour, dear Viv!
ReplyDeleteInteresting story!
/ Thanks for the inspiration - I chose a statue for my post. /
Many thanks for this virtual tour, dear Viv!
ReplyDeleteInteresting story!
/ Thanks for the inspiration - I chose a statue too for my post. /
Great picture of the fountain / statue..xx
ReplyDelete