I've had a really busy week as I had a scrapbooking weekend at the end of it and had to get ready for our month in France starting on Tuesday.
The weekend was brilliant. It was lovely to meet cyber friends in the flesh and it got my scrapping mojo working again.
I had a wonderful surprise while I was there. One of the ladies was keeping up to date with the news on her mobile phone. She was reading out something about a hostage from Libya and my ears pricked up. She said the name David Bolam and my heart sank as he is my brother in law. I thought she was going to say he had been beheaded but you can not imagine how I felt when Ally said he had been released. He has been a hostage for about 8 months and we couldn't say a word. My sister has literally been ill with worry so I can't imagine how she is now, I think they are both going to need a great deal of healing. I have no idea how they are as I haven't tried to phone knowing that they will be avoiding the press. I just have to wait until she is ready to phone me.
After that my week of food seems a bit mundane.
Secret snacks
Naughty but Nice
Some Brownies I made
Lunch
It was set up in the room next to our craft room so we could get our lunch easily.
The place was full of other groups
Healthy Options?
Brownies the hotel made perhaps I could say the strawberries are the healthy option.
Evening Meal
Cod and chips
Healthy Options?
Secret snacks
Naughty but Nice
Some Brownies I made
Lunch
It was set up in the room next to our craft room so we could get our lunch easily.
The place was full of other groups
Healthy Options?
Brownies the hotel made perhaps I could say the strawberries are the healthy option.
Evening Meal
Cod and chips
Healthy Options?
Breakfast
Lovely post and great news!
ReplyDelete/ I read on the internet details!/
Dear Viv, your photos are very nice and as always you did excellent job for the theme of the challenge!
/ Our picture from Visit Sofia is here:
http://www.freesofiatour.com/pictures/?album=100 /
Good luck!
Hugs,
Borqna
Viv, how horrendous to hve been unable to share that, but fabulous news on David's release. I wish you all a speedy recovery from such an ordeal.
ReplyDeleteI noticed on FB you are away, and now see it is for a month.. have a fantastic time..surely long enough to really wallow in a new place. We are off to Lanzarote for a week soon so that will be nice.. a little last warmth.
Thank you for being stalwart in your challenges and hope the scrap days were fun xx