Wednesday, 22 October 2014

What are you doing this week?

Kathie has asked us to get photos of what we are doing during the week
I've had trouble downloading the pictures so I couldn't post until today.
 
Outside
 

 collecting walnuts
 Inside
Fruit crumbles waiting to go in the oven
Plums, apples and pears
The plums are from the trees in the garden
 

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Viv!
    You look amazing in the first picture!
    I also collect nuts now. Smile!
    Very interesting fruity cakes - can I get the recipe?
    / I bet they haven't flour - or?/
    ***
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Borqna, My Crumble does have flour in. I use Gluten Free flour.

      My recipe is in ounces I'm not sure what the metric is but I'm sure you can convert.
      The topping:
      4oz Flour
      2 oz Ground Almonds
      3 oz sugar ( I used Demerara)
      3 oz fat - margarine or butter
      I stir in some flaked almonds and sprinkle some on top to make the topping crunchy.
      The fruit
      1lb of any fruit (Cooking apples or rhubarb are good0
      sugar to taste- probably about 4 oz
      A little water.

      Put the fruit sugar and water in the bottom of the dish
      Top with the crumble mix and bake in the middle of the oven for about 30mins. Electric 160 degrees.

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much!
    /I will try this!/
    I never in my life have I mow the grass, but one never knows .. Smile!!!

    ReplyDelete