Monday, 22 April 2013

Rest

“ Make rest and refreshment a necessity, not a luxury”
Lynnes quote for this week
I don't know about Anne, but I've bought the book, Lynn. I thought it looked really interesting.

I had to learn to relax and and rest and it wasn't easy at first. Now Roland has retired and the children have grown up it is much less difficult but I still have to step back at times and take a break.

My photos for today are more of our few days away as they are good examples of relaxation.

Enjoying Cheddar Gorge
 
A Beautiful sunset enjoyed from Saun and Fionas House
Taken with Rolands new camera
 
Watching Mum and Dad looking after baby
 
Relaxing with Smartie
 
I know I haven't finished last weeks nostalgia but I will do that sometime in the week.
 
 Tomorrow is World Book Night and I will be busy giving out "Girl with the Pearl Earing"
I am looking forward to that but it won't be very restful.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for being the first to start this week's challenge, looking forward to seeing lots of photos this week :)

    Glad you succumbed to the book :)

    Must look at World Book Night , what do you have to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You apply to the organisers to distribute one of their books. I think I joined up at the end of last year. I'm going to apply again next year, but I can't guarantee I will be chosen again. The idea is to give the books out to encourage people to read more.

      Delete
  2. I too have ordered the book :). Lovely photos fitting the theme very well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and great photos!
    Bravo for the new camera Roland!
    Picture with the baby -
    Nature is a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Viv. I have been busy giving out "A little history of the world " for World Book Night ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos Viv, I am not having a very restful week but I wholeheartedly believe it is good for you when you can and I am looking forward to my next break! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely photos! I hope you will have many many more relaxing moments and I do know the feeling when we have to learn to relax - it isn't easy but so necessary. I hope your Book Night went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I have been gone I am way behind with reading posts and commenting. Viv, the photos are wonderful. It looks like you did get your rest.

    ReplyDelete