On Saturday we went up to stay with them because Chris was having a retirement party. He has worked in a signal box for about 40 years, First in Great Corby then at Sellafield station.
Today is the first official day of his retirement.
I wasn't sure if I could get my laptop on internet up there so I didn't take it with me - so lots of catching up to do.
Our Evening Meal
on Saturday
Yesterday we went to visit Laura and Andrews farm. Rowan, who is two took us round to show us the farm. He helps his daddy around the farm and his job is feeding the hens and the ducks and he is getting very good at it.
It is a hill farm and the sheep are Herdwicks.
I love the black lambs
You've had a really great weekend and wonderful weather!
ReplyDeleteI'm very happy for the nice celebration - the retirement!
The cake looks great - terrific idea!
HUGS
Viv.. one day you will look back and be so glad you did this blog xx
ReplyDeleteI so agree with you, Kathi. I'm finding a lovely record of daily life.
Delete