This post is a bit top heavy with photos as I didn't post yesterday. I forgot to pack my battery charger for my phone so all the photos from now on are taken by Roland.
Yesterday we went up to Ilfracombe and saw the statue in the harbour that Jenny told us about last year - very strange. We climbed up to St Johns Chapel and Roland took the photo of the statue from there.
This view was from where we had parked the car,
We then went down the coast to Woolacombe but didn't stop as the car parking fees were £6 - too much to pay for a short stay.
Today we travelled South, down to St Austell, stopping at Jamacia Inn on the way for photos.
I don't think it looked like this when Daphne Du Maurier wrote about it.
In fact it didn't look like this when we visited it a few years ago.
St Austell was disappointing so we went down to the harbour at Charlestown
A huge plank of wood had just been cut here and carried down the street to a shed where they were building a boat
Three tall ships were in the harbour
apparently they are often used for filming
Someone climbing the rigging
Ah, glad you could get to Ilfracombe Viv, lovely shots of 'elephant hill'! xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, Viv and such a nice weather ! I'll be watching tennis too. Was fabulous yesterday, wasn't it ?
ReplyDeletebeautiful photos, the ships look great.
ReplyDeleteLovely views. We went to Cornwall a few years ago and never stopped anywhere with a village becos of the parking charges :(
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so jealous that you are getting to see such wonderful sites! Thank you for sharing. Most of our road trips are boring because there is nothing interesting to see.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, Viv - Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI thought these days about your post. I remember this statue from the Jennie's blog and I looked for information on Internet. The idea is perhaps that the freedom is born with a sword!
Maybe one day I will visit this place - one never knows!
Once again - congratulations for the photos and thanks for the virtual tour!