Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Wednesday

It really was a lovely day today we went down the coast South from Clovelly. Very disappointed there as last time we went we got into the village no problem but this time we were told we had to pay £6.50 each or we couldn't go - so of course we didn't visit.
Then went to Bude and followed the coast down to Crackington Haven, a lovely village on the coast. The tide was in and the beach was stony, lovely breakers coming in. From the map it looks like there is plenty of sand when the tide is out. That was a lovely run and we had coffee and ice cream at a little cafĂ© there.

We then went on to Launceston went round a beautiful old church, St Mary Magdelines. and had a look at the Castle which overlooked the town. It was too late to head up to the building itself but I got a guide book to learn all about it.
When we got back to Woodford Bridge we watched a bit of Andy Murray before we went to eat.

Lots of photos today
so please bear with me
One of the roads to Clovelly

The View on the road between Bude and Crackington Haven 
 Crackington Haven
 St Mary Magdelines Church at Launceston
 
Various views of Launceston Castle and the Guild Hall


 

6 comments:

  1. Your seaside photos are gorgeous and the forest/countryside too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos! Enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't realise you were so close to me on holiday! I hope you are having a smashing time. It is beautiful! My Mum grew up near Clovelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer this blog, easier to use :)

    Great photos and looks as though you are enjoying the west coast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures! You have such interesting subjects to photograph. I especially love the ones of the roads to Clovelly.

    ReplyDelete