I fell asleep in the car just after we hit the A1 so we missed the services at Blythe, the last one on that road. We carried on on the A17 until we found this diner. It's a long time since we stopped somewhere that wasn't a service station.
It was basic but clean and had a lovely view
The food was good the coffee not Costa - my coffee of choice when on holiday- was also good
so it was a nice change.
Getting back to friends
I have some friends that have come and gone and I am not sure why we drifted away from each other.
Some of my friends have died and sometimes it makes me sad thinking about them but I have kept some really good friends over the years.
I have already talked about the ex nurses I see twice a year. I still keep in touch with my friend Joyce from my school years but now it is at Christmas in letters the same with my friend Veronica who I got together with when Shaun was a baby. We used to walk a couple of miles to the baby clinic together in the local village until I moved to Preston.
Roland and I are very good friends with my ex husbands youngest brother and his wife, they supported me through the trauma of my divorce from him and carried on to be my friends and, being the childrens Auntie and Uncle were a great support to them. When I met Roland they then became friends with him and have been so ever since.
I don't have any photos of any of these people but I intend to get some in the future.
Thank you for doing my challenge this week, hve a good time in Cromer xx
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time on your trip. Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a lovely trip. Lovely story re the friends as well. xx
ReplyDelete