Saturday, 14 September 2013

Saturday Reflection

I've been thinking all week about nicknames. Our family have not really be into nicknames and I was always called Vivienne until a few years ago when I met another Vivienne and it was easier to be Viv and have stuck with it ever since.
I used to call my son, Shaun, Sunny Jim until he decided he didn't like that. When he was at school his friends called him Dick after Dick Tracey, the fictional detective because his surname is Tracey. Catherine is called Cathy and her granddad Tracey used to call her Kathleen.
Jennifer is called Jenny or Jen and when she was little we called her Jenny Wren. I used to call her Jennifer if I was cross with her so she has never liked her full name.
Young Roland is called Rolie and when he was younger his friends called him Rattie after Roland Rat.
I like nicknames they show an affection and closeness for the recipient and I wished I had used them more in the past.
 
 
V, E and N
 
V is for Vivienne
 and View
Not much left of the factory now

 
E is for Event city
Brenda and I went to a craft exhibition there

 
My friend Janet had a stall there 

 
N is for Nana and Nursing
 
I've saved R for tomorrow.
 
Saoirse is still not very well.
She had to have an emergency endoscopy on Thursday as she had passed a nappy full of old blood.
Fortunately they found no problem there and think it is the remains left from whatever was going on before her medication.
Her white cell count is still very low but is slightly better than it was.
So we are all saying our prayers for her.
Rollie and Oliver have gone down to stay at Alder Hay for the weekend so we will have more news tomorrow night.
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Good post. I love the picture of you and the baby. I do hope she will get better soon. I know the toll it takes on a family having a sick baby. I will pray for her and your family. She certainly is a sweet little thing. Take care. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how parents only use your full first name when they are cross with you. Because of this, I never liked Anne-Marie ! This photo of you and the baby is so so beautiful. It reflects so much peace and trust. All the best to Saoirse, we think about you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with JoyJoy and Anne.
    /I can not say it better than them and I will pray for her too./
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete