July Week 5 Daily Peeking
'a photo a day'
'free choice'
Show us what is happening in your day..
'free choice'
Show us what is happening in your day..
This is what KathyJo has given us for this weeks challenge.
No builders arrived today and after pottering around the house Roland and I decided we would go to Blackburn to look at a showroom at some front doors.
We have catalogues but we wanted to see the real thing.
The show room was very small but this is the door we fancied.
We didn't order it as we won't be getting it yet but at least we know what we want now.
On the way home we decided to have a look down some of the side roads we normally just drive past. One of the sign posts was a dead end to Horton Bottoms. We really enjoyed the afternoon. It is surprising what you can find on your own doorstep when you look around.
These are some photos of what we found down that lane.
An old school and a Methodist chapel in a grave yard totally abandoned.
The Chapel is up for sale.
I think this was the old school or perhaps just a church hall.
The chapel from the road
More of the "school" building
Looking through a broken window the chapel is beautiful inside
such a shame.
The chapel front door
Over the door it says
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
erected 1794
I wonder what will happen to it - it is a lovely building
Wow, what a lovely building, next thing it will be on Grand Designs maybe? Thanks for your pics Viv, glad you had a nice day! xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful organ. I love them ! xxx
ReplyDeleteDear Viv, this is wonderful!
ReplyDelete/ I'm very surprised -
all the ladies are "on-line"! /
Excellent photos!
The Chapel is very beautiful!
I am very impressed by the organ.
HUGS
great photos for today! The Chapel was lovely what a shame all these old buildings will disappear eventually :(
ReplyDeletelovely buildings
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely building, do hope it isn't pulled down and turned into a car park. xx
ReplyDeleteLovely photos Viv! Those old buildings are beautiful. It is a shame they have been abandoned. Makes me wish I could buy them.
ReplyDelete