S shapes
I just love the shape of the branches in my friend Barbaras' willow tree
It is a very old one and she prunes it twice a year.
I assume that is how the branches have got so twisted.
(Not to do with the shapes but just news)
Two more photos of different Willows with their lambs tails
I saw them on the way to Manchester.
And finally My cake stand
I am so pleased because I managed to find some plates on ebay that match the ones my mother bought in the eighties. One of them was broken and repaired by dad and the glue had gone a nasty yellow colour and I have been looking, on and off, for a few years to find a matching one Then suddenly on ebay I came across 4 plates so snatched them up not even bothering to haggle for the price. They are Moss Rose by Paragon
The cake stand was my grandmothers, passed on to my mother and then to me. I can now use it when we have parties. ( Roland says I've got to have High Tea with friends now) and I've got extra plates for sandwiches.
Ahh that makes me smile.. as you replace the plates and maybe later replace the frame.. a bit like Trigger's broom which lasted years .. I love cake stands though, mostly mine are glass and single tier.xx
ReplyDeleteI have areal obsession about family heirlooms and won't get rid of them. Goodness knows what will happen to them when I'm not around any more.
DeleteCan we have high tea when we visit ? :D
ReplyDeleteYou certainly can Lynne
Delete