Because I had an epidural I was awake and the surgeon let me watch the procedure and told me what he was doing. It was fascinating, I know a lot of people wouldn't like to watch but as I couldn't feel any thing and there was no blood it didn't bother me at all.
At one point during the surgeons preparation I looked down and my leg was in the air and I was surprised as I couldn't feel a thing. He has trimmed all the floating bits on my cartilage but he found more Arthritis than showed up on the xray and said it would mean there would be some pain in future from that. All the staff were wonderful all day. I had to get up at 6.30 to be at hospital for 8, had my op about 11.30 and was home by 4pm altogether a much much better day than I expected.
Sculpture and Art
I'm glad your surgery went well. I have had knee surgery before unfortunately it didn't help me all that much and now the doctor says I need it replaced which I am not in any hurry to do. LOL! I love the picture of your sculpture. I think my favorite artist is Van Gogh. I have prints of Starry Nights and the Sunflowers.
ReplyDeletepleased the op went so well, hope you rest well and recover soon, i wouldnt want to watch :)
ReplyDeleteGlad it went well, they do seem able to make things easier now.. good painkillers and management of procedure.. x Rest!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that it went well.
ReplyDeleteViv I am so sorry I hadn't realised you were having an op on Thursday, forgive me for not knowing, so wrapped up in my DIY world :(
ReplyDelete