Sunday, 23 February 2014

Sunday windows

I'm sorry Kathijo, I just haven't kept up with blogging daily but I've tried to catch up today. I haven't got out and about much this week.
Yesterday I went to a class where we were painting various fabrics, printing on them and burning holes in them and stamping on them. I really enjoyed myself and I think I might have got my crafting mojo back. I'm going to another class in March so I can make something with the fabric. I will also be embellishing the fabric and doing some free style embroidery.
 
I'm going to call this my window of opportunity
I have really wanted to play with free style embroidery for quite a while.
 
The 3 sheets on the left are paper. I painted on them with transfer paint.
Then I ironed the blue patterns onto cloth (on the right)
 Various methods of colouring cloth.
The 2 on the left have holes burnt in them with a heat gun.
A window in Cromer Church
Not the best photo of an old window
 A small window in my friends living room
Two rather nice windows in our village

 
I know that I have done my own interpretation of this weeks challenge



2 comments:

  1. Great photos Viv! I think your new crafts are very interesting. After we get moved and settled, I am going to start doing things as well. I may try crocheting again. I used to do it years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Congratulations for your paintings!
    Dear Viv - I apologize for the delay of my comments - but I sometimes have a lot of work - more than my employers pay me! - wink!

    ReplyDelete