Saturday, 9 March 2013

It's been a busy week this week since I last posted. On  Wednesday I went with Catherine to see Nikki, Sian and Jo o. We went late in the afternoon so we could see Jo after school . It was lovely to see them all. The last time I saw Nikki, Jo and Sian was when Jo and I went to the cinema. I was so cross with myself because I forgot to take photos.

Thursday, I did some gardening, ironing and general cleaning. It's been a long time since I had the energy to do anything. We also went into town as we wanted to change my bank account to joint names with Roland but they said we had to close my account and open a new one. It would have been too much trouble to change everything so we decided against changing and I will transfer any extra money  over to our joint account with another bank so there is not too much in mine.

Friday, Roland and Pete from next door went to replace a blown window at Jaynes. When they got back . Roland took me back to Tarleton to visit Stampers Gallery. I had not seen Sue since about October. She moved to a shop round the corner from the old one between Christmas and New Year so it was the first time I had been in it. Sue and I had a good catch up while I was there
Of course then we popped in to Jaynes again and had a cuddle with Amber.
Oliver came to sleep  over as his mum and dad were going out.

Saturday,  Oliver woke up at about  7.30 and got into bed with us until it was time to get up.
Later they went to look at cars with Leo , who is looking for a new one.  Mum and dad came for him about lunch time and went off with him to get a car mat for his other grand parents house.
Roland and Leo went back out to Blackpool to look at another car and came back with Leo having bought one - result. While they were out I baked my fruit cake and a custard tart

Local scene
 
The Mackenzie Arms in January
 
Its been empty for a long time

 
In February

 
And in March
 
An old local landmark gone in 3 months to make way for a road
It's so sad
 
 
I finished this in February but I've only just photographed it
 
 
A day early I know but these came today from Jen

 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in my challenge Viv :) That is a lovely layout.

    Gorgeous flowers, you will be able to enjoy them from the moment you get up tomorrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers and sounds like a busy time you have been having. Shame about the pub being lost to a road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers to enjoy. Sad to see landmarks go. Hope you remain well and full of energy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower arrangement. I hope you continue to feel well. You really have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news that you have more energy now. Shame about the landmark, I have to wonder if all these new road really are progress?

    ReplyDelete