Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Wednesday View 2

Today we took a trip to Sandringham, visiting the house and museum and having a walk around the gardens. It was a lovely place and would have been lovely to spend the day there and take a picnic.

We have been fascinated by the signs in some of the villages and have decided to collect photos of them


 
 The view as you walk towards the house
 
 
 I was remembering the poem when I saw this painting and the real thing in the grounds
 
Fresh October brings the pheasants,
then to gather nuts is pleasant.



8 comments:

  1. Well done with the Sara Coleridge poem, forgotten about that!!
    Those signs would go lovely in a little mini book with others as you collect them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the signs. They are pretty and very picturesque. Your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Viv for keeping the Sara Coleridge Poem going and didn't you do it well. I love the signs, so, so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the village signs are beautiful. My mum has always been fascinated by the Pub signs and she always take a lot of pictures when she is here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, dear Viv!
    Many thanks for this virtual tour - great shots!
    Many thanks - you remind me of a poem!
    I really had forgotten about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those signs are gorgeous and as Lynne says will look great in a mini book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you visited a few pubs - ha ha! Great post and lovely to see your travels.

    ReplyDelete