Saturday, 16 November 2013

No Limits Saturday

Annes challenge this week is No Limits. and she described an expedition she and Dennis went on. I thought it was really fantastic - what they did and how they did it.
I know Anne has worked in different parts of the world as well and I really admire her for that.

Compared to Anne my "no limits" are quite mundane and basically just getting on with life.
Shaun was almost 3 and Catherine was a few months old when I started my teachers training. I think that was my first major challenge in life.
The next challenge was me having to divorce my first husband when I had 3 children and a baby on the way. I didn't think I'd ever come out on the other side of that. Bringing up 4 children on my own was the next challenge, that lasted 8 years. Then I met Roland deciding to marry him was not a challenge really but it did mean my life would change and at the time I wasn't sure how it would work out but I had no doubts.
The next major challenge came in my late 40's when I developed ME. It was a real challenge to get to the stage I am in my illness because one has to work hard to ease the symptoms as there is no medication to cure it, and there are some days when getting out of bed is a challenge in itself. I also developed Coeliac disease at the same time - another challenge to eliminate gluten from my diet.

The nearest thing Roland and I have done to Annes challenge was us climbing Blencathra in the Lake district. We climbed along a ridge to reach the summit. It was scarey with the drop each side of this really narrow ridge but the sense of achievememt when we reached the other side was wonderful.
We used to do a great deal of fell walking in the "Lakes"

Photos tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love your post Vivienne. Sorry that some challenges were health ones, but as of the others, really well done to you. They seem to me much more difficult than climbing a mountain ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your post!
    I admire you.

    ReplyDelete