Sunday, 3 November 2013

Sunday Bonus

It's the last day of my challenge and I'd like to thank those of you who joined in. Also thank you for asking me to create a challenge.

I am like some of you I don't look too far ahead but I do like to know what is happening in the near future. I keep a diary to remind me what I have arranged. It usually is untidy but as long as I know what is going on I don't care.

I also like to plan holidays and as well as visiting family and the balloon flight we have arranged trip to Italy for July.




 I also am going to plan a trip round Scotland for next year. We have never been farther north than Kenmore on the side of Loch Tay and would like to go and see where Rolands family comes from in Aberdeen.

I am 66 and really don't care what people think of me any more, which is nice as I used to worry all the time  about it  - it took me years to get out of that habit. I also wear brighter colours than I used to as my mum brought me up to wear browns and beiges and NEVER wear red. Guess what colour I wear most now. I've never really liked purple though.
I don't consider myself  "old" so I haven't done many of the things Jenny Joseph wrote about. I do hoard pens and pencils and things in boxes, I can wear terrible shirts at times but I try not to grow fat ( I love sausages but couldn't eat 3 pounds of them)
I have occasionally gone out in the garden in the rain, or dry, in my slippers. I have never picked the flowers in other peoples gardens but I have been known to take a cutting of a shrub I like which is probably just as bad.
All in all I'm still practicing for when I'm old.
 
I really look forward to looking out of my window every day
Here are views taken on two different days.


 
This is one of my works in progress
A Choir of Angels
7 down 9 more to go
 




8 comments:

  1. Viv, that was a wonderful challenge and your posts are a pleasure to read. I love your angels and your view. And of course you are still very young - do you know that my only brother is 66 as well? So I can easily imagine you as my sister. You also made my laugh by writing about the colours you wear!!! Good for you to plan your holidays and trips - in Italy you won't be far from me (I am a three-hour drive from Venice for example). Some day you might decide to visit Slovenia? Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit Slovenia sometime and maybe Bulgaria where Borqna lives

      Delete
    2. I feel honored that my country is in your list of trips!
      Suggest you / I wish you / too marvelous Greece!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your week ahead and your planning. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I will get mine done today, I promise! Planning trips in advance is almost a must anymore but I don't consider that the same as planning your future life. You have one of the most gorgeous views from your home that I have ever seen. So beautiful. I keep telling my husband I was born on the wrong continent. I have mostly lived in cities so I don't have those wonderful views. When I was younger I did live in some more rural areas but then I didn't appreciate it. I have learned a lot as I have gotten older! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful view, especially as we live in a built up area. That is the reason we have decided to stay where we are, convenient for shops and public transport at the front of the house but a feeling of living in the countryside at the back

      Delete
  4. Viv thank you so much for your challenge, sorry we were away for the first few days.
    Hope you enjoy the holiday in Italy next year, a wonderful country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent travel plans, dear Viv!
    I am pleasantly surprisingly positive - I have cousins ​​in Viterbo! Also a friend in Switzerland / Büren an der Aare /. They all invited me to visit there, I refuse kindly - say - next year maybe! Just expensive for me.
    Balloon flight - it sounds great!
    Gorgeous post! Congratulations!
    /You're not old! You're a cute girl at 30 * 2.
    Old man is after 100, I guess./

    ReplyDelete