Monday, 28 January 2013

This week Janice is doing our prompts and the Theme is Rainbow.
Janice is using a mnemonic to remember the order of the colours

Richard of York gave battle in vain

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet


I have no problem with red as I have been choosing red for some of my tops recently.

My mum used to say that only ladies of the night wore red and would never let me wear it and only bought me beiges and browns. Despite this red has always been one of my favourite colours.
 I'm not sure what that says about me.
 


This is the top I bought for Christmas


10 comments:

  1. I used to have a pair of red shoes and was always teased at work as one of my colleagues knew the saying red shoes no knickers. I've never had another pair of red shoes but red tops I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find these days red a difficult colour to wear except scarves which brighten black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red as well. As a teenager one of our shops knew they would get me in if they had a red item in the window!
    I remember that saying Alison! I think also you have phases when you can wear red and other times you have to choose pink or something better suited to your skin, doesn't't stop me cooing and aching as I flick through the red rail though! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of red tops. It is one of my favorite colors as well. My mother always said that about red lipstick and nail polish. I have to admit that I still do not wear those. LOL Your top is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOl I remember that saying as well, I too love red but a darker shade as a bright red doesn't suit me any more :( x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red too, nothing like a bit of red on a miserable winters day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely bright red- i dont wear much red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well perhaps that is the reason why my mother never bought me red things and I still don't like bright red. When I was young I loved violet and had even violet shoes. Your top is lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red is a lovely bright colour and I know it makes me feel better when I wear it. Thanks for joining in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love red and I have heard that saying before but pay no mind to it except that I do believe there is a way to wear red and a ways to definitely not wear it :) Not with leather maybe lol xxx

    ReplyDelete