Thursday, 10 January 2013

Serendipidy 2

Today was a real serendipidy day.

 One Saturday I lost my scarf. I had left it in Costa when we went for a drink.

Today I phoned up and they said it had been handed in so Roland and I shot off  to pick it up. I couldn't believe how I felt when they got it out of the lost property box.
 I got a warm feeling all over - you know what I mean, and I'm still getting it whenever I think of getting it back again. Unfortunitely you can't see the silver threads in it.



 

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful story, Viv. When I lose something I get pretty distressed, too. I lost my phone 1 year ago in the park, it fell out of my pocket. Somebody found it and gave it to a near by shop. I had the idea to call my phone and this lady picked up. I asked everybody I knew in the park if they were the one who had recovered my phone, but I never found out who it was. It was an old phone but my connection to Dennis when he travels, so I was over the moon ! Well done for them to have kept it for you ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I know that feeling, I am so happy you got it back, it is very beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a lovely scarf, not surprised you were upset to lose it. Glad you got it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you get it back, a lovely feeling when it is precious too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get a really 'good all over' feeling when you find something you think has been lost forever. I'm glad you got it back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. always good to know, some kind people are around....pleased you got your scarf back (it is a lovely scarf :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Viv this is the other challenge. I up load on FB and on my blog http://fatmumslim.com.au/january-2013-photo-a-day-lets-do-this-thing/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely scarf , so pleased you got it back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got it back - gorgeous scarf. I had it when I loose anything, even something small, I get quite upset!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can understand this situation - so I lost my fur hat - a gift from my mother. At a distance of 100 meters! I looked - I asked in the small shops on this street. The woman who found the hat - did that too. One day we just met and she gave me the hat.
    I always salute this woman when I met her on the street.
    Your scarf is very nice!

    ReplyDelete