Friday, 30 August 2013

Friday Quote

This morning at 8.45 Jayne arrived. She had just finished work and came here for breakfast before she and granddad went to do some wedding shopping. She needed to pay some bills and buy the things she needed for the table decoration.

Jayne, our granddaughter, is a carer, going to peoples houses
She is working on a qualification at the moment ( I can't remember which one)
as eventually she wants to train to be a midwife.
 
I chose Jayne today to be my portrait
 
 

The builder came again today and is getting on with the wall.
 Joe and I went to the cinema this afternoon to see "Smurfs 2" then he came back to have tea with Oliver and Amber.
Oliver is staying overnight because his baby sister is back in hospital.
She really is not well and the doctors have decided today she needs to go to Alderhey Childrens hospital in Manchester.
We don't know when that is happening yet.
 Finally my local pictures. Then and Now
I am really pleased I rediscovered my book as I am enjoying reading it again.
Collins Road
Roly and Lou and Claire live right at the end
In the Then picture their houses haven't been built.
this was around1938
The rest of the houses in the street weren't built by the council until after World War 2


5 comments:

  1. Jane looks lovely in both photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then and now pictures are beautiful ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the street photo, its lovely to see how some things change but others are just the same. Hope Oliver's sister is ok and lovely photo of Jayne, hope she achieves her goal of being a midwife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the "then and now" pictures. They are so interesting. Your granddaughter is beautiful. What a worthy and rewarding career she has chosen! I hope Oliver's little sister will be okay. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent photos!
    Wish success to Jane - she is a very beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete