At the moment I'm reading "Malice in the Cotswolds" by Rebecca Tope. One of a series of books about a house sitter in the Cotswolds, Thea Osbourne, who seems to have a murder on her doorstep when ever she goes to house sit. (a bit like Midsummers Murders) Not sure I'd like to live in the Cotswolds.
I have started sewing the young pages waist coats. I think I might finish them tomorrow.
Cravats nearly finished - just waiting for the collar measurements to finish.
Waistcoats and linings sewn ready to put together.
Just one thing I thought I would finish with is a reference to our nostalgia prompt.
I never had a dream job but I really enjoy crafting. I have sewn since I was at school and could have gone into making clothes for other people but I decided I enjoyed it too much to be under the pressure of deadlines.
I have made clothes for myself and the family as well as things for the home
I have also enjoyed knitting, crocheting and embroidery since I was young.
My paper crafting started in my 50's another craft I probably could have turned to earning money but again I enjoy it too much to be under the pressure of deadlines.
When I can get into my photos in the loft I will post pictures of some of the things I have made over the years.
I know what you mean about the pressure of deadlines, I think that's why I enjoy volunteering at school, no expectations :)
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed reading about your sewing and scrapping, never think of them as an unpaid job! Guess by now the waistcoats are sewn and finished?
ReplyDelete