This morning I went to see my friend Janet then went back to the embroidery group I used to belong to. I took my camera with me but forgot to take photos so there are no portraits today.
The railway crossing on Station Road about 1915
And today - not much difference is there
Instead of a portrait I decided to take a photo of the tree I photographed last year for the seasons
Like your pictures and your accuracy - daily post - short but interesting. There are many nice mood / tranquility / here in your blot. I miss you too! Have a nice day!
The tree is definitely better in color. It is interesting that plants, etc. always look better in color whereas people sometimes look better in black and white.
Your idea to show an old b&w photo and another from today is wonderful! Plants and flowers and trees are really better in colour but I think the black and white tree is very mysterious and beautiful.
Like your pictures and your accuracy - daily post - short but interesting. There are many nice mood / tranquility / here in your blot.
ReplyDeleteI miss you too!
Have a nice day!
Yes the tree is better in colour, but might be quite dramatic in winter converted to black and white.
ReplyDeleteThe tree is definitely better in color. It is interesting that plants, etc. always look better in color whereas people sometimes look better in black and white.
ReplyDeleteYour idea to show an old b&w photo and another from today is wonderful! Plants and flowers and trees are really better in colour but I think the black and white tree is very mysterious and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kristina about your buildings then and now, we have a book of Hastings like that! Prefer the colour tree photo!
ReplyDelete